POST RELIEF FUND
The Post Relief Fund provides aid, assistance, and comfort to needy or disabled veterans or members of the Armed Forces and their dependents, and the widows and orphans of deceased veterans. Also supports patriotic programs and events our post sponsors. The VFW Buddy Poppy Program and donations provide funding for the Post Relief Fund.
Here are some real examples of how the Camdenton VFW has recently helped veterans with this important fund:
- 12/15/16 – Helped pay travel expenses of veteran’s widow
- 11/22/16 – Helped pay portion of veteran’s vehicle repair bill
- 08/22/16 – Helped pay portion of veteran’s vehicle repair bill
- 07/25/16 – Helped pay gas for veteran’s trip to VA Hospital
- 05/02/16 – Helped pay veteran’s overdue rent
- 04/27/16 – Helped pay veteran’s utility bill
- 03/01/16 – Helped pay veteran’s utility bill
- 02/01/16 – Helped pay portion of mortgage for a veteran’s widow
- 02/01/16 – Helped pay gas for stranded veteran
- 01/29/16 – Helped pay lodging for stranded veteran
Since 2014, the Camdenton VFW has given over $17,500 to veterans and veteran families in need. There is no better way to support local veterans than supporting your local VFW.